IOD Corporate Book Excellence Award:
Celebrating Thought Leadership in Knowledge Sharing
The Institute of Directors has instituted ‘Corporate Book Excellence Award’, for publishers and authors to promote excellence and innovation in writing and publications of Corporate Books including E-books and Audio Books, covering Corporate Boards, Corporate Governance, Corporate Leadership and Board Directorship, for both public and private organisations.
The deadline for entries will be April 30, 2023
Guidelines-cum-Application Form 2023
The Institute of Directors has instituted this Corporate Book Excellence Award to promote excellence and innovation in writing on corporate governance for directors of companies, private as well as public, other enterprises and non-government organisations.
The book should be on a topic of relevance to the directors and senior executives of companies, public sector undertakings, and NGOs in respect of AI in aid of the Board, Boards and their Directors | Business Excellence | Corporate Ethics | Corporate Good Governance | Corporate Laws and Regulations | Corporate Social Responsibility | Cyber Security | Energy Efficiency | Environment Management | Financial Management | Human Resource Management | Innovation | Occupational Health and Safety | Risk Management | Statutory Compliance | Sustainability, among others.
The book should have been published during the previous calendar years preceding the year of the award, starting with the books published during January - December 2020 and 2021.
The book should not have been submitted earlier to the Institute of Directors for this award in the past.
(i) Printed books, e-books and audio books are also eligible for the award.
(ii) A collection of essays by different authors is not eligible for the award.
The book should be in English language; either originally or translated into English from any language.
The book must have an ISBN and/or ASIN.
The Applicant must inter alia certify that:
- The book is an original work authored / published by him or a first authorised translation of the original book.
- The author is not an employee of or associated with the Institute of Directors.
- All information provided by the author / publisher in the application form prescribed for the award is true and complete.
SUBMISSION of Applications
- All applications will require to be submitted in the prescribed Application Form (Annexure : 1).
- The book may be submitted either by the author or by the publisher.
- Self-published books and books published by independent presses are eligible to enter.
- The Institute of Director reserves the right to set up a search committee to identify books for the awards.
DEADLINE for Applications
- The deadline for submission of applications is April 30, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. IST of the year of the award, starting with the year 2022.
- The application in the prescribed form (Annexure: 1), complete in all respects and enclosing the requisite number of copies of the book (refer Para 3.6 of Guidelines-cum-Application Form), should be submitted by the deadline to be eligible for consideration in the current year's competition.
- Applications received after the prescribed deadline will automatically be considered for the award next year.
- All applications will be acknowledged.
- Two copies of the book / e-book / audio book should be sent / transmitted in physical or electronic form, as the case may be, so as to reach the Institute of Directors as per the Contact Details given in paragraph 7 below, by the last date prescribed for the purpose.
There is NO application fee.
Criteria for Evaluation
The books will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness of the content for the boardroom, directors and senior executives of companies and other enterprises, private as well as public;
- Practical applicability of the content in real life situations;
- Quality of case studies and illustrations;
- Quality of writing;
- Design and layout; and
- Overall appeal of the book to the target audience.
7. CONTACT DETAILS
All entries should be addressed to:
Chairman, IOD Corporate Book Excellence Award Secretariat
INSTITUTE OF DIRECTORS
M-56 A, Greater Kailash-II (Market)
New Delhi -110048, India.
Tel: 011- 41636717, 41636294, 41008704 Fax: 011- 41008705
1 The book should be accompanied with the ‘Application Fee’ of Rs. 5900/- (inclusive of GST).
2 The entree fee can be paid, through the following payment modes:
(i) Demand Draft/Cheque, in favour of 'Institute of Directors', payable at New Delhi
(ii) Bank Transfer as per the following details:
Bank Name: ‘Union Bank of India’ M-3, Greater Kailash Part-II, New Delhi-110048, India. Tel. No. 011-29210667:
|Institute of Directors
|Account No and Type
|510101006113450; Current A/C
(iii) Through Credit Card by logging on to https://www.iodglobal.com
Note: (1) Original Tax Invoice will be generated only after the receipt of the Application Fee. However, in order to initiate the payment process, a Proforma Invoice may be generated upon ‘Request’, from the applicant organization.
No materials, including but not limited to marketing materials and books, will be returned.
Q.1 What is IOD’s Corporate Book Excellence Award (CBEA)? Why should I apply?
The Institute of Directors has instituted the 'Corporate Book Excellence Award', an Indian National Book Award Competition. Our mission is to recognize authors and publishers for their writing talent on corporate governance issues, and help them stand out amongst various publications brought out each year. It is a smart way to help authors and publishers market their books through our nationally recognized book award competition. We are dedicated to:
- Provide Authors and Publishers an opportunity to showcase their publications on a global platform
- To promote excellence and innovation in writing on corporate governance
Q.2 Who can apply?
- The nomination(s) can be submitted either by the Author or Publisher.
- Self-published books and books published by independent presses are also eligible to enter.
Q.5 How does this award recognise my book?
We felicitate the Winner(s) with the following benefits:
- Winner(s) are presented with IOD Trophy and a Certificate, in one of the IOD events
- The list of winner(s) of the award(s) will be put on the website of the Institute of Directors
- We also publish the list of winner(s) in IOD’s corporate monthly journal ‘Director Today’ (in one of the subsequent edition)
- Outstanding publications may be reviewed in IOD’s corporate monthly journal ‘Director Today’.
- Winner(s) may use the IOD Corporate Book Excellence Award Logo / Seal of the Institute on their Book/ social media to promote their book.